Keyword research is the process of finding and analyzing the search query that are searched by people on search engines.
So you can write around that keyword and fulfil the seacher’s intent.
In SEO: fulfilling user intend will help you get higher rankings in google.
But the question is how to do keyword research?
Most of time bloggers thought this a hard task and fear it how to do it.
But Keyword search is no rocket science, all you need some strategies to start with.
And in this answer, I am going to show you some simple strategies in step by step process.
Feel free to copy them and start your Keyword research.
Using Google for Keyword Research
When the word come out for keyword research, Most of bloggers forget to use most powerful tool that they are already using.
1. Google suggests
Whenever we enter our query on google,
Google itself suggest many more keywords and its proof that people mostly Search by these queries.
For example, I entered my query ‘keyword research’ and google suggested more keywords.
You also do this with Youtube Search amd Bing Search.
2. Google: Search related to
This is a way to find keywords that are actually searched by users. And the data is provided by google so it can’t be wrong.
Whenever we search any topic on google there is a search related to section at the bottom of google results.
For example I search Keyword research in google.
At the bottom of the page, we can 8 search related to keywords that are closly related to my search query.
Now click any of those related keywords, and at the bottom you find more related stuff😉.
Repeat this process untill you are satisfied with your keywords list for your post.
This way you not only get more actual accurate keywords that are people searching but also Google’s accurate data.
This simple helped me get many keywords in my early Blogging days and now it’s your turn to use it!
Keyword Research Using Tool
We are using SEMrush in this answer to showcase the power of a seo tool.
SEMrush is a HUGE time saver.
Instead of popping random keywords into a tool, SEMrush shows you the exact keywords that a site already ranks for.
Now you will have another question in your mind
While there are tons of keyword research tools out there, why should I use SEMrush? What’s so special about the SEMrush keyword tool? Will it help with the SEO of my website or will it generate a bunch of words and phrases like any other keyword research tool?
Yes, there are tons of keyword research tools out there and each is great at it’s own place. However, I highly recommend using SEMrush for the following reasons
- Huge Data of Keywords: SEMrush has an always up to date database of 35 million keywords and phrases which people type in Google, Bing and other search engines. The information that you see in SEMrush is authentic and taken directly from Google SERP’s.
- Find what’s happening in real time: Since SEMrush tracks a humoungous amount of data on a daily basis, you are always up to date on what’s happening with your keywords and phrases.
- Competitor tracking: With SEMrush, you have a birds eye’s view on how your competitors are ranking for specific keywords and phrases. You get to know which keywords are giving them more traffic and which phrases are “hits” for their sites.
- Identify new opportunities: SEMrush has a section called “Related keywords” which lets you identify new keywords which you should target. It is possible that you are missing out on a lot of traffic because you have never considered those keywords and phrases. When you find new keywords to target and broaden your range of targeted keywords, you are more likely to achieve more traffic for a wide range of keywords which were not available at your disposal when you started out. New keywords also give you an opportunity to find branched ideas for content marketing and give you hints on what related topics you should develop content on.
- Track rankings: SEMrush allows you to track rankings of a given web page over time and see whether the ranks are rising or whether they are falling? You can make changes to your site’s pages and see if that helped to boost the rank or whether it actually moved the ranks down. You must use this on a regular basis to keep tabs on the rankings of your high traffic landing pages, otherwise, it is very much possible that a competitor will create better content and snatch that rank from you.
- Keep your site updated with Google’s content filters: . SEMrush has this feature which allows you to check your site’s compliance with different algorithmic updates and can predict if your site is going to get flagged, so you can take protective measures and take correct decisions.
- Backlink Analysis: Links are and will be the major signal which search engines use to measure the authority of a website and it’s content.
Let’s discover how you can do keywords research with SEMrush
Insert Your Selected Keywords Into SemRush
Please note: for using SEMrush you need signup and make free trail account, using this link- SEMrush free Trail
Once you are done with a list of general keywords now this the time when your generic keywords will provide you a starting point to research new keywords.
As soon as you hit the search, two more options will be appearing in the search box, one will indicate “keyword” and other will show the region.
After selecting your search engine location, you can again click on the search option. Now, it will show you various data for your generic keyword.
See this screen shot, in this example, the generic business is clothing and the generic keyword is t-shirts.
(Keyword overview report in SEMRush Would be exactly like the above image).
This report will provide you necessary information including organic search, paid research and trend same as it has shown in the above screen shot.
This section will be giving the complete information about organic traffic that has been received by your inserted keyword. Just below the organic search, you would see an option “Volume”. Volume will specifies the average monthly number of searches for the keyword whereas, number of results indicates that how many URLs compete for the same keyword.
This section is solely dedicated to show paid traffic data, it also provides you complete information about cost per click and competitor density.
Trend helps you to find monthly sharing of search volume for the keyword. This could be a unique tool for understanding the seasonality of keyword.
Phrase Match And Related Keywords Report
This part of the report is very important to consider, the phrase match keywords shows the variation of the related keywords that might be used by the customers for the potential product or service. Whereas, related keywords shows different keywords which relates to the main keyword.
To see full report, you can click at “view full report” just under phrase match keywords.
This full report will guide and provide you other information related to your selected keyword. You will be able to see the following factors of your selected keyword
- Traffic Volume
- Average CPC
- Competition Density
Find Keyword Difficulty
SEMRush offers keyword difficulty tool that enables you to find out the probability about how difficult it can be to take hold of competitor’s position in search ranking for a specific keyword.
Where to Find Keyword Difficulty Tool?
With SEMRush keyword density tool, you can find out the most competitive keywords through these keywords you can plan your future SEO strategy.
In order to find this tool, you can go back to tool section and click at the option “Keyword difficulty”.
Type your desired keyword into the keyword difficulty tool and click at “show difficulty”.
Research Competitor’s Keywords
SEMrush offers a tool “Domain vs Domain” that will give you insights about competitive landscape in a glance. This tool makes it easy to compare 3 domains and you can see both unique and common keywords for each domain.
That’s all, Hope this answer will helped you.
If you loved this answer, then Upvote.
Please login or Register to submit your answer